Here you will find all the info you need to know about prepping your quilt for your order.
You'll need to know this to fill out your order form.
Along with what you'll need to do to submit your order for shipping.
Know the Size of your quilt
Measure your quilt in inches.
Prepping your quilt
- Press all seams accordingly as you are piecing. Try to get the bulky seams to lay as flat as possible, otherwise this will cause folds and bunching on the top of your quilt.
- clip all loose/long thread tails on the front and back of the top. *Dark threads may shadow under lighter fabrics.
Choose a pattern
Take a look at our patterns page to select what design you would like sewn on to your quilt.
Can't decide on a pattern? No worries we can pick one for you.
Does your quilt have borders?
- Your quilt should be as square as possible. We will center and square the top to the machine and back fabric.
Choose a color of thread for the pattern.
Not sure what color to choose. We can take care of that for you.
- Your backing needs to be 4 inches larger on each side of the quilt top.
Example if your quilt is 60x70 then it would have a backing that is 68"x78"
- The additional backing is needed to load the quilt onto the machine.
- We have 108inch backings available in our shop if you would like to purchase backing through us.
If you do anything on this list, read the terms and conditions.
We want you to know and understand that Lady Belle Fabric will do our best in every way.